Having no Internet or television gave me lots of time for knitting and spinning and planning, there are lots of things I would like to make and get done this year.
I have been thinking about why I didn't get much sewing done last year, I really lost my sewing mojo and it is one of my goals to get it back :) I think one of the main reasons is that its so cold in my craft room, I don't like to use it, so I have used my Christmas money to get a door put on and some carpet and next week I shall get a little oil heater.
I don't think the carpet will stay this clean for long though, Fee can open the door!
Another reason is, I haven't been very happy with the items I have made for myself. The finish of them really bothers me, so I'm going to concentrate on improving my finishing skills and taking my time with each item.
My other sewing goals for this year are....
- Sew everyday even if its just for 15 minutes and I have to get up earlier to do it.
- Work my way through the Craftsy courses I have purchased.
I started Beginner Serging by Amy Alan. I am learning a lot from this course and finding out about very important parts of the machine that make a big difference to your sewing, that some how I had managed to miss! I'm using up lots of scraps of fabrics trying to get the different stitches correct :)
- To sew the following patterns.....
Alice & Olivia For my Mom
- Sew more knitting project bags.
- To knit whatever I feel like at the time.
- Not take on too much deadline knitting.
- To use up all my sock yarn.
- To knit the following from Craftsy...Various hats, Mittens and Gloves.
- To knit from my handspun.
- To knit a cardigan for my Mom.
I got quite far with the Olivia cardigan for her, but it was turning out right, so I'm going to unravel it and start again with a different pattern.
- Spin everyday.
- Try a variety of fibres.
- Learn to spin a specific weight of yarn.
I think all those goals will keep me going for awhile :)
Have a wonderful week! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx